Sunday, November 02, 2008

Great excitement - or - 'Can I find anything more boring to blog about?'

Fleet in Hampshire has a population of about 30,000 (apparently)!  Tomorrow is a day of great excitement.  Tomorrow we await, with great anticipation, the opening of a new SUPERMARKET.

Thankfully it is coming to replace a branch of Somerfields.  I only visited the shop twice, and the last time was probably 16 years ago.  The selection of goods and standard of fruit and vegetables left a lot to be desired and I preferred to walk across the road and shop at Waitrose where the choice was always good.  In actual fact I haven't shopped in Fleet for several years.  I should rephrase that, I haven't shopped for several years.  I hate shopping, and if I can persuade someone else to do it I most certainly will!  So for this reason I won't actually be visiting the new shop tomorrow, or, probably, in the near future.

So why all the excitement?  Which shop is actually coming?  Why, Sainsbury's!  Now, at last, the overpriced branches of Tesco's Express on the outskirts of the town will have a run for their money.  Don't ask why I'm getting so excited, as I said, I don't shop .....!

3 comments:

~*~Pearl~*~ said...

I would be excited!!! I love to shop!!

TNT2008 said...

Before our town became a large city, I remember eagerly anticipating the opening of a new store. It meant that we were moving up and would have better selection. Now, I wish my hometown was smaller.

NEARBYTREE said...

I am bored, bored, bored with food shopping - but although we have tried other supermarkets we always go back to to Sainsburys plus a few bits at M & S. Other shopping - YES! Bluewater is my favourite. When built, it was the largest in Europe. I think another place now has more retail space - but there is a lot more than that at Bluewater.
http://www.bluewater.co.uk/
But I don't think I could ever convert you into enjoying shopping!