Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Monday Memory, on a Tuesday.....

We had a busy weekend visiting a couple of places, and everywhere we went people were suffering from sniffles and sneezes. It reminded me of our old family doctor who had this cure for the common cold. I'm sure it wouldn't be recommended by any living doctor, but it may give you a giggle.

Requirements:

A bottle of whisky
A pair of slippers
A comfortable cosy bed.

What to do:

1 Prop the slippers up at the end of the bed

2 Get into bed

3 Drink the whisky until the slippers merge together and become one

You are now well on the way to recovery.

Need I add that he was a Scot.....?

6 comments:

MagdaleneJewels said...

My grandmother used to made us honey, lemon, whiskey as a remedy for any sickness. We would tell her it needed just a little more whiskey, which she would add again!

TNT2008 said...

I worked with a woman that felt very strongly that a little alcohol with honey and lemon would cure many things.

NuvoFelt said...

LOL, I think you've missed the point! As a Scot he was just looking for a legitimate reason for drinking Whisky...

Rose Works Jewelry said...

Lol - that sounds like a great cure to me!

TiLT said...

Ok - I that that script better than my Zpack :)

On a Whimsey said...

LOL! Could have been written by my Dad! He was a canny Scot ;)