Saturday, January 31, 2009

No filters, but.....

A visit to Missenden Abbey offers many photographic opportunities. Today was no exception, but today I thought I would try something new.

Those that follow this blog regularly may remember this photograph of a stained glass door showing the coloured shadows on the floor. When I took it I was concentrating on the floor, not really noticing the door, although I have seen it many times before. Today the sun was again shining through the glass, but the length of the shadow stretched too far to capture with the camera. Instead I was drawn to the colours of the glass, and decided to see what it would be like to use a couple of them as filters. These are the results.

The first was taken through a golden yellow pane. It is quite naturistic, but funnily enough shows several aspects that I didn't notice when I took it! I was too busy concentrating on the 'technique'.

This second shot shows the world through a red pane. This is how the view would look through rose coloured spectacles! The aspect is slightly different as I had to reach up quite high to take the photograph.

Lastly I took this shot through natural glass to show how it actually looked. I'm sure you will agree that it is a lovely spot. It was a beautiful day. Dry, but cold.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Now that's a familiar view! The parcel arrived safely, thank you! I'm looking forward to playing with my Szerkezet sample.

thewildhare said...

I love the effects you captured. I am learning about my new camera that was a Christmas Gift, and have so much to learn! I also think it is FABULOUS that you have such great countryside to photograph!