Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday Summary

Well, it looks as though it's going to be an interesting week....

In theory I'm spending the week dyeing three wholesale orders.  There will also be some mail order to handle and other bits and pieces are bound to crop up.  However, our schedule will be interrupted. On Friday morning our daugter-in-law's grandmother died most unexpectedly.  Consequently her mother and father have had to jet off to make all the required arrangements etc.  It will be a difficult time for them, especially as it is a fair distance away.  They won't be around to babysit on Monday and Wednesday, either, so we are jumping in to help out.

What does this mean?  Well, it means lots of fun and cuddles with our littel grandson, and who can resist that?  They called in briefly yesterday and he had fun looking through some pieces of textile art that I have in a box.  Lots of texture - and why not 'grab them young'!  In retrospect I should have taken some pictures, but I'll try to remember to do that next time.  It's going to be a little difficult to do the dyeing, though, so today I'm doing a 'double shift'.  The first lot is standing almost ready for rinsing, and as soon as I've finished this post I'm about to start winding yarns for the next batch.  That is the tedious part!  It's very restful feeling all the textures, though, so ultimately it's quite relaxing, if energetic.  Apart from Thread packs and Jumbo Perle I'm also dyeing some Textures packs, they always go well, especially in soft, interesting mixes.  I'll post some pictures when they are dry, but it may not be for a day or two.

So, if I'm quiet - you know why.  It may continue into next week, but when needs must........

4 comments:

storybeader said...

A the wheel of life circles on. Sorry to hear of their loss

Be careful, and don't rush with your dyeing! We don't want you to come out multi-colored!

glutenfreegirl said...

So sorry for the loss for the family.

But enjoy your grandson!!

Rose Works Jewelry said...

Have fun with your grandson!

maryeb said...

Sounds like you are going to have a very busy week. I hope all goes well for you.

Congrats on the big order!!