Monday, March 30, 2009

Work in Progress!

It's bliss to stitch on the sewing machine, and I love using my Embellisher, but....

The problem with both of the above is that they need space and electrcity and that's fine when working at home. However, over the last few weeks I have hardly been at home long enough to think about stitching, let alone actually do any. Sometimes I get withdrawal symptoms! My main creative outlet is dyeing, and I love this too, but it is such a luxury to hold a needle in my fingers and create. For this reason, when I know that there are going to be gaps in our selling, I carry around a piece of hand stitching. This is usually something that can be quickly folded away, so I do something that doesn't need to be hooped. I thought I'd show you my current piece.

`
It's a representation of a piece of coastline I know well, but there's a fair way to go yet. I don't expect it to be recognised as it is on a little visited part of the Welsh coast. If you look closely I think you can see the needle! The background is Silk Scrimble and the yarn is, of course, Sassa Lynne.
There won't be much stitching this week, it's time for stock-taking! Oh joy!

9 comments:

Gina said...

Lovely colours... but wouldn't expect anything else!

Chrissie said...

I'm not going to try and guess which part of the coastline this represents so beautifully. The threads are lovely, of course!

ZudaGay said...

So lovely, the colors the textures...yummy!! I think it is a must to have a portable project to work on.

Rose Works Jewelry said...

Looks gorgeous! I love having something portable to take with me - that's one of the reasons I started learning to knit - much less messy than beads when on the road :P

MagdaleneJewels said...

Welcome back - hope your mother is feeling better. I love your felted coastline. My first thought was I saw it was that it looked like a map - so I guess I was close!
Can't wait to see the finished project.
Mags

marion said...

Looks promising.

Juliana RW said...

Hi, thanks for drop at my site. You said You play slogbite game and my site won???

can you show me where? Because I could not find in which slogbite part ;) thanks

uniquecommodities said...

Great work! What part of the coastline is that?

Donna said...

Hi Myfawny, That is really beautiful! I'd like to see the finished piece. I do the same thing--I can't stand to go anywhere without a hand work project. I've been crocheting old-fashioned dishcloths lately while on the road (hubby driving of course). I pop them in gift bags along with other things for my friends. Or I take along a block I'm applique-ing. I did a whole sunbonnet sue quilt for my granddaughter Lena while waiting for my youngest to finish his trumpet lesson each week. :o)

Donna