Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lots going on.....


This has been a particularly stressful week.  There has been a lot going on, and in the midst of it all my computer problems have continued.  Only part of the software has arrived - and that was missing one of the disks!  What fun!  I'm hoping I can sort it this week, but don't hold your breath!


So, what have I been doing?  Well apart from the general business stuff that goes on each day (made more stressful by the closure of our local post office nearly a year ago now) I spent the day teaching on Wednesday.  No, the teaching wasn't stressful in the least.  It was a lovely group of embellishing students, and I enjoyed the day.  The weather, however, was awful, rainy and dark, and I needed my headlights.  Guess what.  The light switch decided to play up and wouldn't keep the dipped headlights on!  At one point I sat in a car park and tried to fiddle  with them.  The lights flashed on, then off, then on again - and so on.  I was completely oblivious of my surroundings until two large and beefy men got out of the car on the opposite side of the lane in which I was parked and started to walk over towards me.  They didn't look very pleased, and I realised that they thought I was flashing at them!  At that point I decided to drive home on my sidelights and foglamps, smiling sweetly at them as I departed and trying to explain that it was a faulty switch.  I don't think they believed me!  Of course, DH managed to do it with no problems the next day, which made me very cross.....


Thursday was a busy day.  It began with a journey that should have been along the M3 and M25, but both were at a standstill so we had to drive across country.  Part of the journey was through the centre of Slough, we were dreading it, but amazingly we sped through there faster than we could have imagined.  We were on our way to record my second DVD in the 'Inspired' series.  'Inspired Embellishing Level 2' is now 'in the bag' and should be out before Easter.  



It was hard work, but a fun day.



I have to say that the director and crew made it a very pleasant day, and I think we managed it without too many retakes.  You can find out about the 'Inspired' series here, there are lots more to come as far as I know.  Inspired Embellishing Level One is going well and has had lots of kind remarks.  Hopefully it is establishing good machine practice and encouraging experimentation which is what it is all about.....

Here's hoping it's a quiet weekend so that I can sort all my samples and bits and pieces!  They need to go back into the right boxes........

7 comments:

storybeader said...

sorry to hear about the computer and car problems. Your software was missing a disk!? Was this new, and in the package? That would be really crazy! The recording sounds fabulous! Go Girl! {:-D

Bonnie K said...

Sounds like a week with highs and lows but the highs won!
Tech seems to demand lots of patience and it's still worth it.
Bonnie

UberArt and Emerson Bindery said...

Doesn't that just drive you crazy when things act up when it's just you, but then act fine when hubby shows up?! I think I would have high-tailed it out of there when I saw the beefy men coming at me! You're one brave woman!!

Kelly said...

Hope you have a quiet and relaxing weekend. :)

Tulips Talking said...

I feel so helpless when it comes to my vehicles, the beef would have made it worse, luckily I have a permit to carry and do!

That "is" crazy like Story said regarding the software?

Ditto Kathy sweets.

Damama T said...

I like busy weeks better when they are busy good. Seems like some weeks are just busy and you have nothing to show for all that hard work in the end. Sounds like yours was great! Hope your weekend was a restful as the week was busy. xoxo & TTFN!

jan said...

I must get in touch about the new DVD. I mustn't miss it.
Jan