Thursday, January 14, 2010

When all goes quiet.....

I'm sure you have all heard enough about the snow!  Suffice it to say that we have had some.  There are no photographs to show you, the reason will become clear shortly, but I have taken lots.  Our road is still only passable with difficulty.  We have had no post since the first flutter and frankly, that first flutter was more than I wanted to see anyway!  So, it came, and it looks as though it will never go away.  We had rain during the night but that just turned to ice, so I'm not looking forward to venturing outside shortly, but we will see.

There is a particular sort of quiet with snow, and that has been apparent in abundance, but it has been particularly quite here as we were also smitten with that disease of communication commonly called computer failure!  Regrettably our failure was fatal, and totally unexpected.  The machine was working at lunchtime but by the time I had eaten my poached egg it was dead.  Apparently the hard drive and mother board aren't functioning and all is lost.  Putting it into perspective - it is a nuisance, however in view of the recent earthquake in Haiti it really is a very small thing, and so we press on.  I have managed to contact a few people - but if you were in touch with me before I would be grateful if you would email me (you will have my address) and send me yours again. 

So here I am sitting in front of a bright (well, dark really, it's black) spanking new computer - with nothing much to do.  Somehow this has managed to find its way through the drifts and blizzards, but all software is hiding deep within igloos or the like.  No post - no software!  I can connect to the internet (this post is proof of that) but apart from that I'm sitting here with nothing to do.  I can't carry on with my book (oops, didn't mean to tell you that), can't download my photograps and can't do any admin.  I've masses of dyeing to do, though, so I'll just have to get on with that - and, of course, prepare for next week when I'm filming Level 2 of Inspired Embellishing.

Have a great day, and Happy Computing!

7 comments:

circleinthesand said...

Oh dear, Sassa.... I have been there done that. So absolutely aggravating, BUT, as you said - when you look at world events, it really is a small blip in the road. I hope you are back up and running smoothly very soon!!

Julie G. said...

myfainwy, what a pain in the you know what! So glad you're back up and running. WE missed you. :))

J.B. said...

Yes, it's good to have you back. I hope the silver lining in this cloud will show itself to you.
I like the quiet in the snow too.

Chrissie said...

Oh dear! Hope you're soon sorted - I do think the snow has slightly outstayed it's welcome.

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

Hugs...computer troubles are never fun! And neither is the snow! We've had a lot lately too!

Good for you thinking of those in Haiti to put things into perspective though!

storybeader said...

so sorry to hear of your crash - it reminds us all of backing up our files that are important to us! Onwards! {:-D

Bonnie K said...

I know that feeling but I agree in relationship to the bigger events it's hard to complain too loudly.
Bonnie