Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Things can only get better!

This is a really trivial post.  However, it's been a frustrating morning so far.

I had a list of things I wanted to achieve by 10am!

Fabrics partly rinsed then into the machine for the final rinses
Threads rinsed and ready to dry
12 more pots dyed and left standing
Oh, yes, and breakfast was being fitted in there somewhere too!!

So, what's happened so far......

Up early so that I could fulfil my timetable
Made breakfast - oatmeal - somehow managed to add the water twice, so it was more like gruel, except I also, as I got carried away with rinsing, managed to burn it....
Made coffee - left it to get cold
Made more coffee - forgot to add more grounds so when I finally drank it found it was so weak I could have given it to a newborn!
Began to rinse the fabrics in the machine, got halfway through before I realised I hadn't added any powder
Realised I was running out of time so became far too enthusiastic with my thread rinsing - half of the water ended up in my shoe
Interrupted by telephone order - no complaints there, but that was interrupted by demanding knocks on the door by the meter reader!  I was still nursing a wet shoe, AND I had to lead him through puddles to the meter
Back to the order - fortunately a very understanding customer
That finished, another door knock
This time it was a neighbour with a cat emergency.  Now it turned out to not be an emergency, but I'm sure it was a scare...  New kitten, out all night for the first time, came back rather bloody..... I won't go into more details, but lets just say that it was a 'natural occurrence'.
Back home to the phone ringing.  I'd forgotten that I was expecting a 'delivery' of mountboard all cut into lovely sqaures for Textiles in Focus.  WooHoo!  Were they ready?  No, cutter was taking an unexpected advantage of a trip to warmth and sunshine, so very sorry, can't do it!  AAARGH  Now that's something else to add to my list of 'to do's'
I needed another coffee - so I typed this while I drank it (never drink coffee or anything else around made up dyes.....)

So....  I'm now just about to start the next lot of dyeing!  And the time is.......?  12.21

Have a great day - and as for mine, yes, I know it can only get better...

11 comments:

Mickey said...

It's going to get better. Good luck at your show!

Julie G. said...

oh myfanwy, I know that all of that is really NOT good, but you made me laugh! I did the coffee thing while painting but thank God I didn't drink the one, I just used my coffee to rinse out my brush! Not so bad. Why are some days like that?!! Here's to a better day from here on out! :))

Gina said...

Sounds a lot like me. I cut 48 cover boards yesterday, went to cut out bondaweb and realised I didn't have enough... quick trip to AVG, came home, got distracted and still haven't done it... Arrrh!

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

Oh no...I hate days like this! Such good intentions...but no success!
I hope the rest of the day goes better :)

Anitra Cameron said...

Oh my goodness! My mouth is actually hanging open, reading this. Holy cow, what a morning!

Good luck with the show!

(PS--Okay, this is dumb but the Word Verification I'm supposed to type in is "offoob". Why does that strike me as being so funny?!)

Splendid Little Stars said...

I know we can all relate to this! not amusing while happening, but you have made it humorous.
I dye stuff too, so I gave a moment's pause to your recommendation. However, my water bottle or glass doesn't look like the bottles of dye I use. Whew!

NICO Designs said...

Wow! What a busy morning. At least you have your humor in tact--you gave me quite a chuckle from this list:)

Joy (The Art Of Joy) said...

These things always happen at the craziest times! I'm sure you'll have a most wonderful time at your show!

Best of luck!

Ruthie said...

Sounds like the type of morning I would have! I hope your day got better!

jan said...

Hopefully I am about to make it better for you already.
You have won my OWOH Giveaway...
Can you email me your address so I can send it to you please, many thanks.
Jan

MagdaleneJewels said...

in the words of Eeyore (from Winnie the Pooh)
..."just another day"!