Monday, February 22, 2010

Whether the Weather....

I'm sure you all know the verse:

Whether the weather be cold
Whether the weather be hot
We'll weather the weather
Whatever the weather
Whether we like it or not!

Well, that just sums up the time we had at Textiles in Focus!  Snow, Sun, Rain, Hail!  We had them all.



This photograph was taken just as the snow began to fall again!  We had snow every day, at the most unexpected moment.  One evening it began to fall just as we were getting ready to go out to eat.  The whole area was white - but by the time we left all evidence had gone - and it was a lovely evening.

The show was a great success.  We were so busy that I didn't get a proper look at the exhibitions, which was a great shame.  Here we all are, just ready to open on the first day.  You can see that some of the stewards have crept in early to have a look before the hoards arrived.....


 Both the workshops went well, although there wasn't much time to recover from the last one before we had to load the car and travel home.  We chose a new and somewhat circuitous route as there were problems (again) on the M25 and were rewarded with the most amazing sunset.  Unfortunately (as it had been raining when we left) the camera was hidden in the back, so no shots of that, even through the windscreen! 

I only made one purchase!  


More about this another day.  I have plans.....  All I need now is the time.......

2 comments:

Sharne's Bit 'n' Bobs said...

It was lovely to see you both, I am glad that you had a safe journey home.

Myfanwy said...

Comment left by Donna which Blogger somehow rejected in error.

Wow..it looks like you had more snow than we did. We got a whole inch and a half! That's pretty good for Houston though. :o)

How nice to attend a show all about textiles! Yummy! I spent the day adding a ruffle to a too short blouse. I love ruffler feet.

I was at a speech & debate tournament helping cook for the judges and thought of you! Why, because one of the judges in the hospitality room had the most absolutely gorgeous sock that she was knitting with four little bamboo sticks. The colors of that yarn and the texture were beyond description. What a nice treat! It was a work of art and made me want to run home and grab my knitting needles. It was all periwinkle blue, burgandy, and navy.

I've got to start recovering my mom's couch cushions tonight or I would knit!

I'll be driving through passes in Colorado for two more tournaments next month. Hope I'll have better weather than you are having!

Thanks for letting us know about your trip. :o)