Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It never rains......

Today we took delivery of the new DVD.  Level 2 Inspired embellishing is now available.  



You can find it on my personal website.  The first orders have already been despatched.  I have to say that the arrival was the highspot in a rather worrying week.

Last Wednesday the situation at my mother's care home became totally untenable, and with the help of social services we had to find new accommodation at very little notice.  I won't go into details, but the situation there has been a problem for a while and we have been looking for a suitable place, but of course, no vacancies.  Fortunately one arose on Friday less than ten miles from where we live, and we were able to move her yesterday.  It was traumatic, both for us and for her, and it is not a process I would like to repeat.  However, I visited her today after another sleepless night, and saw that she has settled better than I could have imagined.  I know now that she is safe and cared for in a sympathetic environment.  Amazingly they have already diagnosed her immediate problem and it is being treated - it will be a quick and painless solution for her.  The irony is that it is something I have mentioned time and time again at her previous residence - and it was apparently 'being sorted'

You may remember that just a few short weeks ago at the beginning of March we had a new little grand-daughter who was born five weeks early.  Unfortunately she is not at all well and is back in hospital on oxygen.  Her condition is still under observation and no diagnosis has yet been made, so our worries have concerned both ends of the age scale.

Little ones bounce back very quickly, so I'm sure it will be a positive outcome.

By the way, the repeat of Talking Threads is on Sky Channel 171 tomorrow night at 6pm.  




11 comments:

ZudaGay said...

Myfanwy, I am SO glad that your mother is settling in and that they can look at her with new eyes and see things that the other place missed. Praying for the little one.

Gina said...

Hope everything is okay with your grandaughter and pleased to hear your Mum has settled Myfanwy.

Di said...

I hope all is well with your GD and glad your Mum is happy where she is.

Julie G. said...

Myfanwy, I posted in the thread about a similar situation with my brother's grandchild. It is on or about pg. 20-21 on our bbest thread.

Sharne's Bit 'n' Bobs said...

Wht a worrying time for you and Jock. I am glad that your mother has settled well into her new home. I hope that your Grand daughter is soon on the mend.
PS I am so glad that you can come to Chelmsfords Area day next year.

jan said...

As you say little ones bounce back pretty quickly and I do hope that will be the case here Myfanwy. I am pleased your Mum has finally found happiness in the new place, so things are a little easier for you in that direction. Thinking of you, take care, I'm on the end of the phone as ever.
Jan

Ani said...

I'm so glad you've found a good place for your Mom, and that they'll be able to help her.

My heart goes out to you, worrying about your little grandchild. I know that worry all too well, with our own little Mitchell. I'll be praying for you and her and her parents.

Donna said...

Myfanwy, I am so glad you have your mom in a better place and that she is being cared for the way you would want. I'm sorry to hear about your grandchild's difficulties and will keep all of your family in my prayers.

From the road..
Donna at Comin' Home

Beth said...

Prayers that everything works out :)

Kathleen said...

Praying for you all! congrats on the DVD =)

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

Sending my thoughts to you and your family! I hope everything works out well. Glad to hear your mom is so close and in much better care.