Monday, March 29, 2010

Would you believe it!

We often visit groups and classes. And so we did the other day.  It was a large group get-together which involved lunch and a speaker.  The group sat at tables which were set ready for lunch and shopped during the morning, listening to the speaker in the afternoon.  There were about 150 attendees, and we know most of them fairly well having visited this meeting for the last several years.  Some of their purchasing is predictible, so we had stocked up on several items, including hand sewing needles, and all stock was checked before being added to that for display......


Imagine our surpise, therefore, when we arrived home and checked our stock in readiness for the next venue.


This pack of needles looks fine from the back - seal unbroken and albeit ready for sale

However, the other side shows a different story!  

Closer inspection showed that the clear packaging had been prised away from the backing on each side. 
Just far enough to insert a knife


And presumably, that's how the needles were removed.


And all for just over £1.00.......

I hope they enjoy using them.

8 comments:

Sharne's Bit 'n' Bobs said...

That is really mean. Why do people do this? There is no understanding of human nature sometimes.

ZudaGay said...

Good grief!!! If a person is going to bother to take something, you would think they would make it something bigger or at least more expensive. Makes you wonder!

Di said...

I really don't understand people like that. It leaves a nasty taste in your mouth

maggi said...

It makes you wonder if some people are compelled to do it just for the sake of it. I hope they pricked their fingers on the way home!

jan said...

I like to think they weren't TRUE quilters Myfanwy. Things like this makes me sick. If they are so hard up, they should say something or just NOT ATTEND. I would be so mad, even though it is as you say only £1, if you lost that every time you go out it would soon mount up over the year. May their fingers drop off is all I can say.

MagdaleneJewels said...

All I can say is OMG! How desperate can one be to go through all that trouble just to steal sewing needles!!!! I mean what are they $1.50 (US$) a pack? I agree Maggi - hope they pricked each finger!!!!

Donna said...

That is amazing Myfanwy! I'm so sad that people would take advantage of you in such a stingy way. I hope the trip was productive otherwise.

It's good to see you posting again! I'm home from Colorado and will be visiting again soon.

Donna from Comin' Home
www.thehomemakingarts.blogspot.com

Julie G. said...

I tell ya, sometimes people amaze me. What goes around comes around, and as Maggi said, I think they're in for a few pricks! No pun intended.