Thursday, April 08, 2010

There are some days when it's all worthwhile!

It has been a difficult few weeks, and I must confess that I feel shattered!  We've been out selling today, and although it was a good day, it was hard work.  Tomorrow we leave early as I'm teaching over the weekend and we have to travel up to Lancashire, then we hurry back on Monday for the start of the online Little Bookies course.

We arrived home from our selling to a mountain of post.  No, not all bills, but quite a lot of paperwork that needs seeing to - and a couple of packages.  The first was a lovely surprise, it was one of my hand-carved printing blocks that went astray when I was making the second DVD - and today it arrived home.  I have to admit that it's one of my favourites (it makes a repeat pattern in a number of different ways), and I have been hunting for it - well, I'll hunt no more, it's now home and safely stored with my others.

 The second package was a bit of a mystery.  DH grumbled (he's tired too) - had I been shopping again?  No, I hadn't!  It was squidgy, and yet hard in places, I really had no idea what it could be, but the surprise when I opened it was even greater than finding my printing block.  It was wrapped in blue tissue, and tied with a burgundy cord.  What was it?


I'm cheating here because I've copied and pasted the photograph from this site, where it all becomes clear!  The post is worth reading, but you'll have to wait until you get to the end before you find out about this lovely item and see more pictures.  I can only say that it is even better in person than in the photographs, and is not only beautiful, but also very useful.  In fact, it will be packed and on it's journey with me tomorrow - I have just the perfect use for it.

Thank you Jan.  I can see that I'm going to have to watch out - you are progressing at an enormous rate.  I love the way you have combined materials and colours - and the further embellishment is just perfect.

6 comments:

jan said...

Glad it has arrived and that you like it and it will be useful for you. It is down to your teaching I could do it.
Jan

rtfgvb7814 said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................

MagdaleneJewels said...

All days are worthwhile because of what you put into them. No matter what obsticle stands in your way (and you have had quite a few lately) you always manage to keep a smile to continue to do your beautiful work, and teach and do DVD's. The book is a credit to your great teaching skills!

Donna said...

Hi Myfanwy, I just dropped by Jan's to see what she had done for you. What a sweet and thoughtful gift!

Wish I had more time to do things like that. The must do list is just too long..especially Dad's estate work..and mother's couch cushions.

Wow..such a transition! I'm glad you got a gift in the mail to brighten the day.

Colours and Textures said...

That is a gorgeous present to receive as a surprise!

kristen said...

LOVE