Monday, April 19, 2010

Where is the month going?

I refuse to believe that it is because I am getting older, but this month is just speeding by!  I have just returned from another weekend's teaching - this time at Missenden Abbey - and already final preparation is well underway for Brockenhurst Needlework Fiesta next weekend......

Landscapes on the Embellisher was the subject, and I had such a lovely group of students.  Some of them had been on previous courses, but several were there for the first time, and one student had never used a machine before (in fact another had only bought hers on Wednesday!).  They gelled really quickly, and I am really cross with myself because I now find that I came home with no photographs of them working!  And work they did.....   I have photographs of the beautiful work that they did, but none of them are very good as I didn't get time to really set up the camera.  I have tried to post the pictures now, but Blogger is having a hiccup, so I'll try again tomorrow.

In the meantime - if you are in the area of the New Forest this Saturday and Sunday why not make a trip to Brockenhurst to the Needlework Fiesta.  It will be worth it - and you can always pop over to the Winifred Cottage stand and say 'hello' too.  Hope to see you there.

1 comment:

Donna @ Comin' Home said...

Sounds wonderful Myfanwy! I wish I could drop by for a workshop. :o)

Maybe this summer I could try one of your online workshops! I love hearing you talk about places in England..but it drives me crazy too! Well at least right now, it is gorgeous at our house. Rebekah, my daughter, said you better not ever move because I want to bring my children here to play on the weekends. By June, it will be really muggy!

I think time flies because we are having so much fun!