Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Forgive me



Forgive me if I wax lyrical about a fabric that isn't only useful as a background for the embellisher! I am having so much fun with it at the moment that I couldn't resist adding these pictures to the blog.
I am in the process of making some bookwraps, for a workshop I am teaching later this year. It stitches like a dream, by hand and with the machine, and can be used for both the cover and the inner pages.
The first picture shows part of a left over scrap after painting. If only the colours were as vibrant on screen as off.
This one was coloured using a different process. Can you see the angel?
And the name of this mystery fabric? Well, you will have to wait just a little longer to find out, however, if you are at the end of term Exhibition tomorrow evening (Wednesday 20th June) at Fareham College, or at Open Day, Missenden Abbey on Saturday 23rd June, you wll be able to buy some. Winifred Cottage will be at both venues with an exciting sales table.
Just tell them that I sent you LOL
And I can't wait to use it for ATC's and postcards, I know it will work like a dream.

2 comments:

MargaretR said...

She's a lovely angel Myfanwy.
Thanks for the link to the Welsh lottery link.

Ati. Norway. said...

The colors are lovely. It maybe is time for me too, to get an embellisher machine ;)