Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A justifiable wrist slap!

I have just had a conversation with a friend who has chastised me for not updating the blog over the last while. Yes, I freely admit that I have been tardy. Life get's in the way, but then maybe I ought to regard this as part of life! I have tried to keep work and 'life' apart as I'm not sure why people really visit a blog. I follow some blogs because they are full of interesting 'arty' stuff, and others because they relate to real life. Those that mix the two don't really grab my attention, especially if the life is the main excuse for not producing art. Of course, you haven't seen much 'art' on this blog anyway, it has mostly been quick ways of using the embellisher. I know that some of you read my life blog, and for those of you that haven't and want to (no obligation) here is the link. (Of course, due to life, I don't update that one every week either!)

I have also had my wrist slapped for forgetting to tell you the name of the fabric I mentioned in an earlier post. It is called Evolon and we sold out of our first delivery within 48 hours of anyone seeing it. More is on the way and will be here in time for Worthing Textile Arts Forum on Saturday 14th July, and we will hopefully have enough left for Ardingly on 21st July. I really like using it. Hopefully you will see some results before too long, but I'm working on a number of items for the Summer School at Missenden Abbey at the beginning of August.

Another giveaway has been announced at Dye-A-Lot. Pop over and take part. The perle 8 can be used on a sewing machine with a topstitch 100 needle, and the perle 5 is lovely for cable stitch, also using the sewing machine.

Lastly, thanks to everyone that left a comment on the last post. I have also had a number of emails and it would appear that the problem is even wider than I at first thought.

5 comments:

Maureen said...

Myfanwy
Yesterday while checking my blog feed I came across a new blog.....titled something like "Why my blog has not taken over my life....or umpteen reasons"
(I cant remember exact details)
At the time I thought "How great!!I do NOT have to let my blog develop into a chore"
When I find the link,I'll let you know.
Funny how people think that if you start a blog,you must blog the 24 hours in each and every day;
Don't "some" people have a LIFE!!
Having said all that........I HAVE missed you!

NuvoFelt said...

Thanks for missing me, Maureen! The 'wrist slap' was tongue in cheek, I have to admit.

Maureen said...

Myfanwy,this is the blog I was thinking of.........a whole new genre??

http://www.tartx.com/blog/?page_id=233
Best wishes,
Maureen

Maureen said...

(Thought it might be "tongue in cheek! VBG

Maureen said...

and thank you for naming Evolon.
Dale R also mentioned it(today) but YOUR pics informed me much better than the Evolon site did.
Keep up the good work
(mad Maureen:-)