Monday, March 31, 2008

March Take It Further

Where did the month go? I intended to add some stitching to the February challenge, but just couldn;t seem to find the right place or technique. I'd value any input.

Further details can be found here and here



March was to take notice of the little things.

Well, my stitching probably couldn't be smaller, but I really enjoyed making this postcard sized piece.

It is surprising how we 'move on' with techniques and totally forget something that we enjoy. I have revisited something I used to do quite often, so in a way it encompasses both February and March.

Tiny scraps of precious fabric have been stitched onto a backing fabric using mostly zigzag with a metallic thread. The tiny piece is mounted on a transfer painted Evolon background. Maybe this isn't perfect, but it is quite striking in reality.

Phew! Just in time for April!

2 comments:

Meg in Albuquerque said...

I like the way you layered the fabric and the stitching on the frame is perfect for the middle.

Vivian said...

interesting colours ... what size is the piece?