Monday, February 04, 2008

Vegetarian Silk


At last I have been able to upload a picture. There are more,but they will have to wait until tomorrow.

These are sheets of vegetarian silk. I have discovered it quite by chance, and it is beautiful. It works like a dream with the Embellisher, and makes a lovely surface for stitching too. We are selling them rolled together with other similar surfaces including scrim. Vegetarian silk? It's other definition is pre-felt made from cellulose fibres from a sustainable renewable source. Let's call it one of our contributions to the environment!

2 comments:

MargaretR said...

This looks lovely Myfanwy. I have to send for a roll when I see the other colours you have.

Maureen said...

I'm curious Myfanwy...would this be similar to the bamboo batting/wadding that is now available?
Look foward to seeing your colours up on the site